HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR CANDLE
Learn to care for your candle correctly to give it a longer life
There are a few simple rules to burning natural wax that ensures you get the most from your candle.
- Always burn your candle for 3-4 hours on the first burn. Natural wax has a burn memory. To ensure you get an even burn for the life of the candle it is essential to melt the top layer of wax when first lighting.
-Maximum time you should have your candles lit for is 4 hours, any longer and the heat can distort the wick position and create excess pressure on the glass.
-Always use a snuffer to extinguish your candle, this stops hot wax being blown out of the candle jar. Also remove any debris from melted wax.
-Before relighting a candle, always trim the wick to 4mm - long wicks can create excess smoke, sooting and higher flames.
-NEVER leave your candle unattended, if the glass cracked and the melted wax poured out it could ignite and cause a fire.
-NEVER leave candles near an open window/curtains or near a draught or fan.
-NEVER leave candles where pets or children could knock them over.